The design of the patio is the biggest consideration you need to make when thinking of patio materials you want to use. If you get the right materials for your patio and use them well, you can expect that it will last for decades.
Here are some of the most popular patio materials in Houston that you will find:
- Concrete – If you want to save some cash, concrete should be your choice material. A concrete patio will also last a very long time and will require very little maintenance. You can design your patio any way you want it using concrete and you can make use of decorative tiles to make your patio even more attractive.
- Flagstone – This beautiful stone comes in blue, buff and red; and if your patio design leans towards any of these colors, then Flagstone is the material you should go for. Flagstone is formed from the slow accumulation of clay, sand, organic sediments and minerals over a long period. Using this stone will give your patio a timeless earthy appearance, one that you will never get tired of looking at.
- Gravel – Gravel is a material that is quick and easy to use, and you can choose either the crushed stone or the river rock gravel. This material is not only easy to work with, but it will also prevent the growth of any weeds or logging of water. The only concern that comes with gravel is that it takes some work to keep the stones level, and may be uncomfortable to walk on with bare feet.
- Patio Pavers – Concrete or stone pavers are your best bet when it comes to using patio pavers, though there are also clay pavers and those made from recycled plastics. These pavers come in a range of colors, sizes and shapes, making them easy to work with.
- Clay Brick – This material has been a staple for patios and other building constructions for years. You do not need to be a professional to use clay brick since it is easy to handle in terms of size and weight. Use it to come up with numerous and beautiful patterns to decorate your patio.
When you choose the best materials to build your patio with, consider the advantage of getting a professional to help you create a patio where you will always love to hang out. A professional can also share tips on the best way to take care of your patio so it will last for years.